Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcoming Brooklyn Maree Nelson into our Family









She may have been born 5 days late, but the wait was well worth it! On Friday, April 24, 2009, at 7:05 in the morning, Brooklyn Maree Nelson was born. She was 7 lbs and 21 inches and the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Brian and I were so excited, it's hard to believe that she is really ours. We came home from the hospital on Sunday morning, and welcomed her into her new home. Now, we're just trying to learn how to take care of a newborn, and it's been a blast.
She has been such a good baby, rarely cries, sleeps good, eats good..... practically perfect in every way. We have had a few exciting experiences already. Giving her her first bath was so fun. She may not have liked it as much as we did :) And then there was the diaper the other day.... as I was changing the poopy diaper, she starts pooping again!! Pretty nasty... lets just say poop was everywhere! I guess thats what comes along with a newborn... and my job as a mom now is to clean it up... that could take some getting used to. Overall, things are great.
I'm not very good with words, and I've never been a blog person, so sorry if I bore the readers... but hopefully I'll get better at this soon. In the meantime, you can at least enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Ok I think that in pictures 6 and 7 she looks like you kellie - or maybe it is just the silly faces that remind me of you. I'm still trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's in the blanket my mom made! :) she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kellie!!

    This is Ely, Eleanor and i were looking at the pictures, Preciosa little girl!! Congrats and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Baby Brooklyn! Kellie and Brian, she is so beautiful. Sam got a kick out of the naked little "Buns" picture. We can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian & Kellie,
    She is BEAUTIFUL and looks like both mom and dad. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Sure hope she brings tons of joy to your little family.
    Love,
    Jon & Shauna Duke

    ReplyDelete